Since 1951, Congregation Beth Knesset Bamidbar (BKB) has been at the center of Jewish life in the Antelope Valley. BKB is a special place because it provides the three things that Jews seek for themselves and their families to infuse life with a sense of meaning and fulfillment: Avodah (Jewish worship). Torah (lifelong Jewish study), and G’milut Chasadim (community).
AVODAH: BKB provides a variety of worship services to meet the needs of all of us:
- Shabbat Evening Services every Friday night at 7:30 pm. Some are led from the home of the leader on Zoom (email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Zoom invitation) and then streamed to Facebook Live. Others are held in person at BKB and streamed on Facebook Live. Please check our Calendar page on this website or the BKB Facebook page “Congregation Beth Knesset Bamidbar” for the schedule.
- Shabbat Morning Service monthly at 10:00 am on a Saturday morning in-person at BKB and on Facebook Live led by our Student Rabbi.
- High Holy Days and celebration of other Jewish holidays throughout the year.
- Services led by both our Student Rabbi and lay leaders.
TORAH: BKB provides learning experiences for all ages:
- The BKB Religious School provides education for grades K-10 including bar/bat mitzvah and confirmation.
- Adults study Torah and other Jewish values at Saturday morning services.
- The Studnet Rabbi leads Adult Jewish Learning Programs monthly.
G’milut Chasadim: BKB provides many ways to comfort and strengthen each other and the community:
- The BKB Auxiliary (merger of Brotherhood and Sisterhood) helps their members and supports BKB activities.
- BKB conducts food and clothing drives for the needy throughout the year.
- The BKB Social Action function reviews social and political concerns of the membership, the Jewish community, and the community at large and serves as liaison between the Congregation and social action groups of the Union for Reform Judaism.